Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Now a Stuffer of Shells

Last Monday (yes, I know, it's over a week later!) I invited my dear friends Megan and Jacquie (from Bread, Wine & Family blog) over for dinner. I decided it was time to go big in the kitchen and use the space!

So I ventured into the land of stuffed shells- that I stuffed myself. That's right world, Alyssa made a legitimate meal! We also had salad and garlic bread, but those are not nearly as interesting as the shells.

Here's how it went:

You will need 12 dried jumbo shell macaroni, 1 10oz package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, 2 eggs, 1 8oz package of shredded Italian cheese, 1 cup of ricotta cheese, and 1 26-32 oz jar of pasta sauce.

Cook the pasta as the package says..duh. Rinse it with cold water and drain it. Then put those babies to the side. Like so...


Then you will want to drain the thawed spinach. To make the filling, beat the eggs (in a bowl). Add the spinach, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, and the ricotta. Stir, stir, stir. It will appear like this...yum!


Then spoon that concoction into those pre-cooked shells.
They should look like this...



Place them in a dish, cover with sauce, and bake those babies at 350 for 40 minutes. When you get them out, top 'em off with the rest of the shredded cheese. And then...pig out!

I was really impressed with my shell stuffing and the dinner as a whole. It was great to spend time with great people and eat good food and use the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment