Friday, September 18, 2009

The First of Many

So this is my first blog and my first post. I've entered my second year at Millersville University and I realized that I needed some way to communicate all of the thoughts that swim around in my head. Writing in a journal takes me way too long and I wanted a way to share some of my random thoughts with others. Because sometimes, the simple, zany things make a difference to people. Hopefully I can get to that level at some point.

I first thought about creating a blog when I saw the movie "Julie and Julia." For those of you who like to cook, wish you could cook, or love food, this is a great movie to see. However, do not see it on an empty stomach like my mom and I did. The main character (other than Julia Child) decides to blog as she attempts to conquer Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It is based off of a true story and I just thought it was brilliant. I now own this cookbook- my mom had it sent to me at college just so I could open it. There is no way in the world I could get through this book while at college, let alone would I really be excited to share of the many misfortunes I would surely encounter.

So instead I've decided to write about my time in college- from the really amazing times to the days when I want to move back home. I think it is important for me (and hopefully others who may choose to read this) to always look for the simple joys among the crazy days. I know that I am blessed and I don't want to forget that even when times are rough or stressful. So I hope you will join me.


As a brief start, I have had a completely crazy week. I have a lot of things to do each day and it seems like I don't actually want a break because I never seem to allow time for that. I'm constantly moving. But even after Wednesday and yesterday, I managed to have such a fabulous week. One highlight: being able to come back after lots of meetings, classes, leading my first ever Bible study, and working to my awesome roommate and watch Sex & the City before bed.

Simply put, I am blessed.

Peace,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment