Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hardcore Mini Golf and Bananas Foster

So today was not only a beautiful day, but it was filled with lots of beautiful things.





My mom won a recipe contest that was part of Millersville Dining Services. So her prize was for her and my dad to visit Millersville, get two free meals in the dining hall, a night in a hotel, and a really fancy dinner in one of our fancy dining rooms. My mom chose this weekend to come here because it is her and my dad's anniversary.





They came around lunch and got to eat at the dining hall. (Woohoo!) I gave them a little history tour of the campus and then we went with my roomate Sarah to play mini-golf. It was a really cute place to play, tucked back in the woods. It was like the most intense golf course ever though. It seriously took us forever to play because each hole was long and complicated. Naturally, my golf ball was flying all over the place. It was a lot of fun.





When we got back, we went to our special dinner. My mom had gotten to pick the menu from some choices. It was seriously one of the most delicious meals I have had in my entire life. We had shrimp cocktail, smoked turkey & brie soup, a mandarin salad with raspberry honey dijon dressing, awesome rolls, chateau-briand, potatoes, veggies, and finally, bananas foster. Everything was delicious. Seriously, I was in heaven. However, now I feel like I'm going to burst!





It is really nice to have my parents around. Tomorrow they will come to church with me. I think they will really enjoy it. I can't wait to hang out with them some more.





Under all of this happiness, there was a touch of sadness that I had at the back of my mind. A year ago today, my German shepherd Max passed away. It was honestly the hardest day of my life. I have never cried that hard in my whole life. And the fact that it has been a year makes me sad. He was my buddy. We have another dog now, Faith, and she's a sweetheart. But Max was my first dog and he'll always have a very special place for me.






This is last picture we have of Max before he passed away. I hope you are happy in heaven buddy. I miss you everyday.

Simply put, I am blessed.

Peace,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment