Monday, October 19, 2009

Mountain Top

This weekend I went on a retreat with University Christian Fellowship, the Christian group that I am an active member of on campus. A lot of my friends were going so I was excied to spend time with them and with God.


Seriously, I haven't felt that close to God in a very long time. We had a great band worshipping with us, a great speaker, and just fabulous people to fellowship with. I truly felt God working among us and think that it was a powerful experience for many people gathered.


I was especially blessed to connect to my friend Radi because he was in my small group. Although we are friends, God truly brought us together this weekend. We are now connected on a much deeper level and for that I am so thankful.


The funniest part of the weekend was definitely playing the game Curses...with my pastor. :-D It is a fun game where you get to curse another player with something ridiculous to do for the game (like: speak like a pirate, howl every time someone claps, say something that rhymes whenever you speak...etc.) So one of the UCF pastors decided to join in our game on Saturday. It was one of those moments when you know that God is laughing with you. One of his curses was to act like a pro wrestler everytime someone gave him a curse card. When I gave him one, he stood on a chair and tackled me. True story. We all laughed so hard and it was just a blessing to share in some laughter and joy.




here's my pastor, Duane, and friend Kylee...they are cursed.


My girls...Brooke, Kate, Sarah, and me






No comments:

Post a Comment